This event is for in-house lawyers.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018 and represents a significant overhaul of data protection legislation:
- The accountability principle will mean that businesses will need to examine how they hold and use data and take steps to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles
- Implied consent is no longer going to be acceptable, nor will opt outs
- The heavily publicised right to be forgotten will become a reality
- Sanctions for breaches will be significantly higher
- The ICO has also recommended that directors be held personally liable for data breaches
|8.30 am||Coffee, buffet breakfast and networking|
The event is free and may help you meet your requirements under the continuing competence scheme.
How to book
Click below to let us know if you can attend the seminar or email Shirley Stallwood.
(Please use the “Do you have any questions” box on the booking form to let us know if you have any dietary requirements.)
click here to book a place