Africa Desk brings together a team of highly experienced legal specialists practicing in the field of international projects in Africa where they work in close collaboration with a network of offices spread throughout more than 30 countries.
Our practice focuses on advising clients in the principal areas of business law – including tax, corporate law and contract law (public and private), as well as financial law. We also defend the interests of clients in both fiscal and legal disputes, such as tax audits, cost oil audits, litigation and collection actions.
Our services are aimed at companies that invest in the African continent. We are specialists in the sub-Saharan French-speaking area and in Equatorial Guinea. This area comprises 22 countries and consists of more than 220 million inhabitants (400 million predicted in 2050).
AGM Abogados is an office with recognized competence in the francophone areas of Africa, one of the fastest growing emerging markets in the world.
Please find here the full presentation about Africa Desk.
International projects implementation
- Legal structure (corporate and contract law), tax and customs aspects of the implementation.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of infrastructure agreements (PPP, concessions and leasing).
- Setting-up of subsidiaries and branches or acquisition of existing companies.
Ongoing international project support
- Monitoring of tax and legal issues.
- State audits and support during audits.
- Agreements renegotiation.
Financing and banking regulations
- Establishing dedicated financing.
- Drafting of security agreements and monitoring of formalities.
- Specific foreign exchange and banking regulations.
International business law
- Drafting of commercial agreements.
- International collections (see the litigation section).
Legal and tax audits (acquisitions and internal audits)
If you have any questions or need any assistance in matters regarding Africa, please do not hesitate to contact AGM Abogados.